September 10, 2019
Boiling Point Media is seeking a 3D/VFX artist to fill our Technical Wrangler position. If you’re interested in working in a fun and friendly environment, look no further than our visual effects team! We work together to create dynamic special effects and animations for films, commercials, and websites. This is a contract position that may turn permanent as workflow continues.
Boiling Point Media is on its eleventh year in Oklahoma City. With a strong background in video and film production, Boiling Point has achieved over 60 addy awards and three Emmy awards in their tenure. Boiling Point is a well-connected, full-service agency that has been serving several prominent clients for years. Big to small or local to national, Boiling Point’s talent is unique to its own and superior in the Oklahoma market.
- Cloud render submissions and management of rendered files
- 3D render and animation scene setup
- Shot tracking
- 2D live-action plate conversion (for use with CG characters)
- MUST include a direct, working link to your portfolio/reel
- Experience working with Maya/Arnold, After Effects, Photoshop, and PFTrack
- An understanding of 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering (including multiple render passes), and compositing techniques for use in film
- Collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and organization
- Problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility, self-motivation, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials
- Experience working with motion capture data
- Experience with 3D/2D effects such as explosions, fire, smoke, fog, wind, etc.
- An understanding of ZBrush, Substance Suite, 3Ds Max, Houdini, Blender, Marvelous Designer, etc.
- Experience with mechanical or character rigging
- Scripting knowledge – MEL, Python, etc.
Job Type: Contract