Experienced 3D Animator
Boiling Point Media is looking for an experienced 3D animator to join our visual effects team. This position will report to our Senior Animator and Director of the Film Department. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits, stabilized work life balance and future career advances for our animation department build out.
This is not a position for 2D animation and stop motion. All applicants with only 2D animation and stop motion experience will be ignored. All modeling reels, texturing/lighting reels, graphic design and illustration portfolios will be ignored.
Our artists create special effects and animations for films, commercials, and websites. Essential skills for this role are technical skills, industry-standard software expertise, Maya 3D animation, creativity, attention to detail, teamwork, strong communication skills, organization, and deadline orientation.
Bachelor’s degree in computer animation, computer design, special effects or similar work experience preferred. Extensive 3D animation portfolio and direct link to demo reel is required. An animation test will likely be required.
● Work with our experienced team in the realm of CG
● Create lifelike character and creature animations
● Integrate CG characters into live action plates
● Liaising with animators and concept artists regarding the requirements of the project
● Working from concept art to create characters, objects, layouts, backgrounds, etc
● Researching visual style, genre and technologies to produce each individual project
● Sketching storyboards based on the script
● Identifying key scenes and sequences
● Transforming storyboards into animated sequences
● Recreating real world environments and layouts
● Creating illustrations, scanning and photo retouching
● Animating characters, creatures, props, vehicles, weapons, objects, etc
● Developing animation composites
● Calculating and enter algorithms for final renders
● Amending artwork as per instruction from designers and developers
● Working with programmers on software and design issues
● Adapting to software upgrades and stay up to date with new technologies
● Managing files, asset libraries and update procedures documentation
● Working to a tight schedule
● Integrating sound, sync dialogue and add sound effects to visuals
● Collaborating with compositors to deliver all assets required for final render
● Applying motion capture to animation
● Animation: 2 years with an extensive body of work
● Visual effects: 1 year
● Direct link to demo reel
● 3D Maya animation
● Samples of creature animation
● A bachelor’s degree in computer animation, 3D/graphic design, fine arts or a related field
● Exceptional keyframe animation skills
● Understanding of the principles of animation and giving organic, lifelike movement to characters and creatures
● Proficiency in Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush, Substance Painter, PFTrack and the Adobe Creative Suite are also preferred
● Impeccable attention to detail
● Passion for creating energetic, impactful content
● Possess solid work ethic, be self-motivated, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
● Possess strong collaboration skills and interpersonal skill
● Realism animation style, NOT cartoonish or exaggerated
We are looking for your most recent and inspiring projects to evaluate your skills. A diverse portfolio is
ideal for providing a quick summary of accomplishments and abilities.
About Boiling Point Media
Boiling Point Media is an advertising agency and production studio that specializes in creative solutions
and optimal results for our clients. Since 2008, Boiling Point Media has operated out of its Oklahoma
City office, providing turn-key film production and full-service advertising and marketing solutions for
the entertainment industry, automotive, healthcare, education and home services.